The Society was founded in 1881. Our current building was completed in 1951 and has undergone several subsequent renovations. The most recent occurred in 2017 and included, among other things, a completely new heating and air-conditioning system that serves all parts of the building.
Since 1916 when Rev. John Dietrich became the Senior Minister, the Society has been known as a leading force for Religious Humanism. A century later under our current Senior Minister, Rev. Dr. David Breeden, we more often speak of Congregational Humanism.
For more information about our programming for both adults and children, please visit our website.